LINORTEK ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Consumer law: For consumers who are covered by consumer protection laws or regulations in their country of residence (“Consumer Law”), the benefits provided in this Linortek One-Year Limited Warranty (“Linortek Limited Warranty”) are in addition to and not instead of the rights provided by Consumer Law and it does not exclude, limit or suspend your rights arising from Consumer Law. You should consult the proper authorities in your country of residence for further information about these rights.
Linortek’s warranty obligations for this hardware product (“Product”) are limited to the terms set forth below:
Linor Technology, Inc. (“Linortek”) warrants this product against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with the operating instructions. A copy of a retail receipt is required as proof of purchase. If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, Linortek will either (1) repair the hardware defect at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts, (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or (3) refund the purchase price of the product. When a refund is given, the product for which the refund is provided must be returned to Linortek and becomes Linortek’s property.
The foregoing warranty is subject to Buyer’s (i) prompt written claim and (ii) timely provision to Linortek of an opportunity to inspect and test the Product claimed to be defective. Such inspection may be on Buyer’s premises and/or Linortek may request the return of the Product at Buyer’s expense. However, Linortek shall not be responsible for packing, inspection, or labor costs in connection with the return of Product. No Product shall be accepted for warranty service that is not accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA#) issued by Linortek.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This Limited Warranty excludes damage resulting from abuse, misuse, neglect, fire or other external causes, accident, modifications, repairs or other causes that are not defects in materials and workmanship. Software distributed by Linortek with or without the Linortek brand name including, but not limited to system software (“Software”) is not covered under this Limited Warranty. Your use and rights associated with the Software are governed by the Linortek End User License Agreement which you can find here: https://www.linortek.com/end-user-license-agreement/. Linortek is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use. To assure conformance with operating limitations, Buyer should refer to the instruction manual [provided with the product]. Batteries are not included in the Warranty.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, AND LINORTEK SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE LINORTEK LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEMDY SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND AS DETERMINED BY LINORTEK IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR BY COUNTRY OR PROVINCE). THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES.
1. Read Instructions – Read all the safety and operating instructions before operating the product.
2. Retain Instructions – Retain the safety and operating instructions for future reference.
3. Heed Warnings – Adhere to all warnings on the product and in the operating instructions.
4. Follow Instructions – Follow all operating and use instructions.
5. Cleaning – Unplug the product from power before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning the enclosure only.
6. Attachments – Do not use attachments unless they are specifically recommended by Linortek. Using incompatible or otherwise unsuitable attachments can be hazardous.
7. Accessories – Do not place this product on an unstable stand, tripod, bracket, or mount. The product may fall, causing serious injury to a person and serious damage to the product. Use only with a stand, tripod, bracket, or mount recommended by the manufacturer, or sold with the product. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when mounting the product, and only use mounting accessories recommended by the manufacturer. Be cautious when using an appliance and cart combination. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may cause the appliance and cart combination to overturn.
8. Ventilation – Openings in the enclosure, if any, are provided for ventilation and to ensure reliable operation of the product and to protect it from overheating. Do not block or cover these openings. Do not place this product in a built-in installation unless proper ventilation is provided or the Linortek’s instructions have been adhered to.
9. Power Sources – Operate this product only from the power source type indicated in the instruction manual or on the product label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply you plan to use, consult your appliance dealer or local power company – provided that use of any power source type other than indicated in the instruction manual or marking label will void any warranty. For products intended to operate from battery power, or other sources, refer to the operating instructions [included with the product].
10. Grounding or Polarization – This product may be equipped with a polarized alternating-current line plug (a plug having one blade wider than the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug still fails to fit it is because your outlet is incompatible with the plug. Contact your electrician to replace your outlet with one that is compatible. Do not force the plug to fit into an incompatible outlet or otherwise try to defeat the safety purpose of the plug. Alternately, this product may be equipped with a 3-wire grounding-type plug, a plug having a third (grounding) pin. This plug will only fit into a grounding-type power outlet. This is a safety feature. Do not force the plug to fit into an incompatible outlet or otherwise try to defeat the safety purpose of the plug. If your outlet is incompatible with the plug, contact your electrician to replace your outlet with one that is compatible.
11. Power-Cord Protection – Route power supply cords so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords and plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where the cords exit from the appliance.
12. Power Lines – Do not place an outdoor system anywhere in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits, or where it can fall into such power lines or circuits. When installing an outdoor system, use extreme care to keep from touching such power lines or circuits as contact with them might be fatal.
13. Overloading – Do not overload outlets and extension cords as this can cause fire or electric shock.
14. Object and Liquid Entry – Never push objects of any kind into this product through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-out parts which can cause fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
15. Servicing – Do not attempt to service to this product yourself as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing of the product to Linortek.
16. Damage Requiring Service – Unplug the product from the outlet and refer servicing to Linortek Customer Support under the following conditions:
a. When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged.
b. If liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen onto the product.
c. If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
d. If the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions [included with the product]. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions, as an improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to its normal operation.
e. If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
f. If the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
17. Replacement Parts – If replacement parts are necessary, have a Low-Voltage Electrician replace them using only part specified by the manufacturer. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock or other hazards. Replacement parts can be found at https://www.linortek.com/store/
18. Safety Check – Upon completion of any service or repairs to this product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to determine that the product is in proper operating condition.
19. Coax Grounding – If an outside cable system is connected to the product, be sure the cable system is grounded. U.S.A. models only–Section 810 of the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA No.70-1981, provides information with respect to proper grounding of the mount and supporting structure, grounding of the coax to a discharge product, size of grounding conductors, location of discharge product, connection to grounding electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode.
20. Lightning – For added protection of this product during a lightning storm, or before leaving it unattended and unused for long periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the cable system. This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning and power-line surges.
21. Outdoor Use – This product is not waterproof and should not be allowed to get wet. Do not expose to rain or other types of liquid. Do not leave out-of-doors overnight as condensation may occur.
22. While changing batteries, fuses or handling a board level product be careful of electrostatic discharge which can damage electronic devices. It is best to use a grounded electronics service bench. If this is not available you can discharge yourself by touching a metal appliance or pipe. While changing the batteries or fuses do not touch i) any wires other than the battery wires and ii) the printed circuit board.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL LINOR TECHNOLOGY BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, COMMERCIAL LOSS, OR LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS, OR REVENUES TO THE FULL EXTENT SUCH MAY BE DISCLAIMED BY LAW.
DISCLAIMER FOR CRITICAL APPLICATIONS
This product is not intended or authorized for life support product or for other uses for which a failure could cause personal injury or death. If you or your customers use or permit the use of this product for such unintended or unauthorized uses, you agree to fully indemnify Linor Technology and its affiliates, and the officers, employees and distributors of each, from all liability related to such use, including attorneys’ fees and costs.
FURTHER NOTICE FOR LIMITATION OF USE
Unless specifically stated, our Products are NOT designed to switch line voltage (110V and above) devices. To control device that operate at line voltages a qualified electrician MUST install an intermediary device such as a relay. When choosing devices to control, it is best to select low voltage controls such as a 24VAC solenoid to water flow control. Only qualified electricians may wire a line voltage device. Additionally, local codes must be followed including but not limited to wire gauge size and suitable housing. Linortek assumes no responsibility for harm to the user or third parties for improperly using our Products. This liability remains with the user. Linortek assumes no responsibility for damage to the device due to improperly using our Products.
RELAY VOLTAGE SPECIFICATIONS
Please use caution when connecting devices to electrical circuits or other equipment. This web controller is NOT designed to connect to any voltage greater than 48V. If you want the product to control Line Voltage products and devices, refer to Diagram 1 below. Utilizing this arrangement, should allow you to virtually control anything. It is important that you use licensed electricians and comply with electrical codes that are applicable to your location. These codes exist for your safety, as well as the safety of others. Linortek assumes no responsibility for any harm or damage resulting from a failure adhere to local laws, ordinances or regulations or failure to follow specified instructions for installation and product usage.
To print a copy of this document, please click HERE.